To ensure that your breast augmentation procedure is as comfortable, safe and successful as possible, it's important to plan ahead. Preparing for a breast augmentation procedure can make your surgery and your recovery faster and easier. Fort Myers cosmetic surgeon Dr. Mandraccia will discuss this with you in detail during your consultation and answer any other breast augmentation questions you have, but here are some general guidelines.
Leading up to your breast augmentation:
- Be clear about when you can resume driving a car, having sex and exercising so you can plan accordingly, including making arrangements for someone to drive you to and from your procedure and to accompany you during the first 24 hours of your recovery.
- Minimize responsibilities at home and at work by preparing extra food, rescheduling meetings and arranging for childcare to ensure a smooth, comfortable recovery.
- Fill prescribed medications ahead of time and store them in a convenient location.
- Eat healthily and avoid alcohol.
24 hours prior to your procedure:
- Abstain from vigorous exercise.
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, after midnight. If you are permitted to take medication the morning of the procedure, take it with a minimal amount of water.
- Shower the night before your breast augmentation, but refrain from using makeup, moisturizers or deodorants.
Dr. Mandraccia may also ask you to consider additional preparation, that may include:
- Getting a blood test
- Adjusting your current medications or taking new ones
- Refraining from smoking
If you have any questions about breast augmentation surgery, or you would like to schedule a consultation in Fort Myers, contact Dr. Robert V. Mandraccia, MD at (239) 633-8819 today. We also serve patients in Bonita Springs, Estero and Naples, Florida.